- Gives a fuller understanding of the applications of both EANx and of trimix in recreational to intermediate diving depths.
- Provides a thorough grounding in deep diving theory and technique.
- Is an entry level Technical Diving program introducing the discipline involved in technical dive planning and certifying the diver to make dives beyond recreational no-decompression limits
- Is an acceptable prerequisite prerequisite for IANTD Normoxic Trimix Diver Training.
- Must be IANTD Recreational Trimix certified, or a Nitrox Diver and IANTD Deep Diver with 30 logged dives as a minimum, or equivalent as below
- Have sufficient experience to satisfy the instructor that the student has the ability and knowledge to continue into this level of training.
Program Content and Limits
- Max. Depth 48m/160ft
- Approximately two hours of confined water working specifically with skills, emergency procedures, etc.
- Four boat dives, with a minimum of 120 minutes of bottom time. At least two dives will be on trimix with a maximum Equivalent Narcosis Depth of 24m/80ft.
- EAN 41-100 used to teach the fundamentals of safety\decompression stops. Simulated or real decompression stops may be on any mix with no PO2 exceeding 1.5 ATA.
- Decompression will be limited to a maximum of fifteen minutes
Academic presentations will include
- Review of Basic EANx.
- Equipment concepts and configuration.
- Stress management.
- DCS and Decompression theory.
- Oxygen use and abuse
- Purpose and application of Helium in diving.
- Gas management.
- Nitrogen narcosis.
- Injury management
Note: This is the most complete and useful entry level certification for a diver entering Technical Diving.
Duration: 4-5 days.