The IANTD Open Water Side Mount Diver course provides the basic introduction and skills required to safely and efficiently dive using a Side Mount configuration.
If you mention Side Mount diving, most people will immediately conjure up an image of a diver squeezing through a small cave passage. However Side Mount diving can bring many advantages to traditional “open water” diving (i.e. not in an overhead environment)
1. Familiarize the diver with the techniques, equipment and mindset required for Side Mount diving.
2. Enable divers to proficiently assemble and use Side Mount equipment.
3. Teach divers the proper techniques to safely conduct dives that warrant the use of Side Mount equipment.
1. Must be qualified as an IANTD Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent.
2. Have a minimum of 25 logged dives.
3. Be at least 18 years of age.
4. Be proficient in buoyancy skills.