If you are serious about becoming a technical instructor and joining the ranks of PADI technical instructors, the Tec Deep Diver Instructor course is an obvious choice.
The Fun Part
Teach others how to explore the mysteries of the deep.
What You Learn
The PADI Tec Deep Instructor course incorporates instructional philosophies and course goals that directly address the demanding and challenging nature of technical diving.
The PADI Tec Deep Instructor course prepares candidates to conduct the Tec Deep Diver course and addresses the philosophy, organization, practical considerations, promotion and other aspects of teaching the Tec Deep Diver course.
What You Can Teach
As a Tec Deep Instructor, you’ll be qualified to
- Conduct the Discover Tec experience
- Teach the PADI Tec Diver Level One course
- Teach the PADI Tec Deep Diver course
The Scuba Gear You Use
You use technical scuba gear, which typically uses two to four or five regulators, a dive computer, some accessories and most likely a dive light.
Learning Materials You Need
Available products for the Tec-Deep Instructor:
- Tec Deep Lesson Guides CD-Rom
- Tec Deep Instructor Guide
- Tec Deep Instructor Cue Cards
To enroll in this course, you must
- Be a renewed PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer or higher.
- Be a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor certification.
- Be a PADI Deep Diver Specialty Instructor certification or qualifying certification from another certification organization.
- Be a PADI Tec Deep Diver certification or qualifying certification from another certification organization.
- Have a minimum of 270 logged dives with at least 25 stage decompression dives deeper than 40 metres/130 feet.
- Have certified a total of ten or more PADI Deep Divers and/or PADI Enriched Air Divers. Any combination that totals ten is acceptable.
- Have assisted with at least two PADI Tec Deep Diver courses or one PADI Tec Diver Level One course and one PADI Tec Deep Diver course. If you hold another qualifying instructor certification, you must have taught or assisted with two qualifying courses (equivalent to the PADI Tec Deep Diver course).
- Have successfully completed the Tec Deep Instructor Standards Exam and Tec Deep Instructor Theory and Practical Application Exam.
- Meet the Peer Review Waterskill requirements listed on the PADI Tec Deep Instructor Application. A PADI Tec Deep Instructor, or a PADI Instructor with another qualifying rating must verify your qualification and sign this portion of the application.