The PADI Tec Trimix Instructor Course
Tec Deep Instructors provide the most comprehensive technical instruction available. If you are both a Tec Deep Instructor and Tec Trimix Diver, then the PADI Tec Trimix Instructor trainer course is for you.
The Fun Part
Explore the outer edges of technical deep diving.
What You Learn
The PADI Trimix Diver Instructor course incorporates instructional philosophies and course goals that directly address the demanding and challenging nature of technical diving with helium gas mixes.
What You Can Teach
As a Tec Trimix Instructor you’ll be one of the elite who can teach the Tec Trimix Diver course. During the course you’ll learn how to teach diving at the cutting edge down to a depth of 240 feet / 75m.
The Scuba Gear You Use
You use technical scuba gear, which typically uses two to four or five regulators, a dive computer, some accessories and most likely a dive light.
Additional equipment requirements include:
- Double cylinders (minimum 12 litre each, with larger preferred) with isolator manifold
- Primary and secondary regulators, one with two metre/seven foot hose (approx.) for gas sharing, and one with SPG
- Stage/decompression cylinders with regulator, SPG, mounting hardware
Stage/decompression cylinders with regulator, SPG, mounting hardware and proper labeling/markings. Two per diver will be required
- Backup decompression cylinders as appropriate and required for the environment
- BCD and harness – redundant buoyancy control is required (double bladder BCD or dry suit if suitable for weight of equipment worn)
- Depth gauge/computer and backup depth gauge/computer
- Dive watch and backup timing device
- Trimix decompression information (tables/trimix computer) and backup decompression information
- Exposure suit appropriate for environment and dive duration. (If students will use dry suits, they should be trained/experienced with their use in recreational and technical diving prior to using them for trimix training or diving.)
- Argon dry suit inflation or other inflation system as needed (students should not inflate dry suit with trimix)
- Weight system (if needed)
- Jon line (if needed for current diving environments)
- Inflatable signal tube
- Lift bag (bright yellow or per local community practice preferred)
- Dive knife / cutting device and backup
Backup mask (optional)
- Dive lights (optional)
- Drift kit (if drift decompressing)
The Learning Materials You Need
Available products for the Tec Trimix Instructor:
- Tec Trimix Lesson Guides CD-Rom
- Tec Trimix Instructor Guide with binder
- Tec Trimix Instructor Cue Cards
- To apply for certification as a PADI Tec Trimix Instructor, you must
Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be a renewed PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer or higher level PADI Instructor
Be a PADI Tec Deep Instructor
- Be certified as a PADI Trimix Diver or have a qualifying full trimix certification
- Have assisted with at least one Tec Trimix Diver course, or have taught or assisted with a qualifying course from another organization.
Have a minimum of 350 logged dives, of which:
- At least 50 dives must be technical decompression dives deeper than 40 metres/130 feet beyond those required for certification as a technical diver.
- At least 30 dives must be deeper than 40 metres/130 feet using trimix as the bottom gas with at least 10 dives deeper than 50 metres/165 feet using trimix with less than 21 percent oxygen.
- Have successfully completed the Tec Trimix Standards and Tec Trimix Theory and Practical Application Exams.